The MD Ranger Physician Contract Database
MD Ranger's breakthrough reports set a new standard for comprehensive, high quality market data to help you evaluate fair market value for physician contracts. A robust database of physician contract information drives our reports. The database comprises subscriber contracts as well as proprietary data drawn from the founders' years of fair market value opinions and consulting.
MD Ranger subscribers submit their data through a simple, easy-to-use online survey that collects information that may affect payment rates for both call coverage and medical direction services.
Our powerful database includes:
- More than 10,000 contracts from over 300 hospitals
- Timely data with annual updates
- Comprehensive scope of services and data
- Regulatory compliance and data security and confidentiality
- Release from participation in repeated survey requests
Our expertise in database management and statistical analysis, combined with our experience in health care valuation, positions MD Ranger to deliver outstanding reports to simplify your physician fair market value analysis.
Physician Contract Survey Design
MD Ranger captures basic hospital characteristics to allow statistical analysis of factors that affect payment terms to help facilites evaluate physician fair market value. Hospital size, location, census, ownership, trauma status, teaching status and other statistics are embedded in the MD Ranger database for report production. The survey is prepopulated with this data. Additional information collected from subscribers includes:
Call Coverage Agreement Characteristics
- Whether a service is offered, but a physician is not paid
- Depth of coverage
- Type of payment received (per diem, collection guarantee, per episode)?
- Payment, if any, for patients without insurance
- Restrictions on a physician's practice while on-call
- 24-hour in-house coverage requirements
- Single hospital or multi-campus coverage
Medical Administrative Service Agreement Characteristics
- Administrative position title
- Minimum and maximum number of hours per month or year
- Hourly, monthly, or annual payment rates
- Maximum annual compensation
MD Ranger reports include information on a number of call coverage, medical direction, administrative, and leadership services. The following are just a sample of what the reports cover:
|Internal Medicine||Nephrology/Dialysis||Vascular Surgery|
|General Surgery||Neurology||Thoracic Surgery|
|Emergency Medicine||Ophthalmology||Trauma Surgery|
|Gynecology Only||Orthopedic Surgery||Trauma Surgery|
|Cardiac Surgery||Otolaryngology||Critical Care/ICU|
|Chief of Staff||Plastic Surgery||Trauma Neurosurgery|
|Gastroenterology||Psychiatry||Facial Injury Trauma|
|Infectious Disease||Pulmonary||Spine Surgery|
|Maxillofacial Surgery||Urology||Hand Surgery|
The MD Ranger database allows us to provide ongoing identification of trends and factors affecting contract terms such as geography and scope of services, and historical rates. Our special reports and consulting services can inform your questions such as:
- Is compensation in one region different from that in another?
- What is the overall trend in contract rates?
- How do the characteristics of hospitals that pay for ED coverage differ from those that do not pay for coverage?